Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spotlight On: Mode Cosmetics #10643 Glitterati

Firstly, please read my post Introducing.... Mode Cosmetics Nail Enamel! if you have not done so already, as it contains general information about this brand of nail enamel.


Glitterati is part of the current Mode Cosmetics collection and is a shade of dark purple. This was yet another shade that my camera didn't like. It honed in on the blue within the polish and blocked out all trace of the red component. I'm sorry I couldn't get more accurate pictures for you! Anyway, it is a rather thin glitter polish with a purple base, and glitter that sometimes flashes red. I applied, two thick coats, but three thinner coats might be better! Even though it is thin, it is still easy to work with, and results in a rich, dark and fabulous colour!


Photograph taken in artificial light


Nail art: I used L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer NA907 Green Glitter to create this look. Allow nail enamel to dry before applying stripper polish. It is very easy to create a look like this, simply paint a diagonal line across your nail and fill in one half! Once you are finished and the polish is semi-dried apply top coat. Be careful not to apply the top coat too early otherwise you will end up with unsightly streaks! I hope my description helped!


I will be listing a bottle of this shade on OZtion for any Australian ladies interested in owning one! I will also be offering it for trade on MakeupAlley in the near future for anyone, anywhere! For ladies outside of Australia who would like to buy a bottle, please email me and I will happily list one on eBay for you. I will also be selling the Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer colours used for anyone interested in replicating my nails! If you have tried these links and Glitterati or Green Glitter are not available on any of these sites, please email me, and I will endeavour to source them for you.

8 comments:

  1. With a line of yellow to separate the green and purple, you'd get Mardi Gras colors. :)

    Your colors are totally vibrant. Art Deco makes it so easy to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I juuuuust bought this one! I really like it even though I was expecting more of a thick, opaque finish like High Fashion. I also hauled Frenemy, Eco Warrior, Chillax and Racy :) prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! If you haven't got it yet, one to look out for is Runway. It's a gorgeous medium teal creme that's opaque in 1 coat. Seriously amazing formula:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh pretty :) I wonder if purples are easy to photograph for ANYBODY D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly: LOL! I'll keep that in mind if I ever want to do a tribute! I LOVE Art Deco - and Art Club too! :)

    Jade: I expected the consistency of Arsonist (Have you got that one yet?) - but love this shade non-the-less! Awesome haul! 3 of my favorites! You know I love Frenemy, but Chillax comes close - and I ADORE Eco Warrior!

    Millie: I do have Runway - I'll be posting it in the next week or so!

    SilhouetteScreams: TELL ME ABOUT IT! It seems to be variances of red that play funny-buggers with my camera, purple, orange and dark pinks. But not plain old red!? Go figure!!! Neons can be a nightmare too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that on right now - toes and fingers - I'm really loving it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arsonist? Nooo I do not has.

    And mega-agree about photographing purples! I had sooo much trouble with Party Crasher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pammymela: LOL I don't bother with toes in winter! Great colour though - isn't it!?

    Jade: You totally need to try Arsonist - it's FABULOUS! Check out my post on it!
    I'm about to do Party Crasher tonight - last nights application failed miserably! lol Fingers crossed my camera behaves some-what! :)

    ReplyDelete