Friday, April 2, 2010

Spotlight On: Mode Cosmetics #10530 Fame Finder

Firstly, please read my post Introducing.... Mode Cosmetics Nail Enamel! if you have not done so already, as it contains general information about this brand of nail enamel.


Fame Finder is a discontinued shade of the Mode Cosmetics collection, so if you like what you see and happen to find one - be sure to snap it up! Of the 20 discontinued shades, this one was nearly impossible to find. I found only one stockists that had it, and they happened to have 4 left, so I grabbed them all so that I could offer a few to my readers! Please excuse the strange shadows and blotches in the photos, this shade did some weird things to my camera! A neon pink jelly that has great depth in colour! However, it is difficult to work with, as it is a little on the runny side. I found that working with one finger at a time I was able to apply it evenly, giving each nail enough time to set a little before moving on to the next nail so that it didn't run and gather on the edges. If you have the time and patience to work with this colour, then the results are rewarding! I got quite a few compliments for this one!


Photograph taken in artificial light


Nail art: I used Crystallized Swarovski Flat Backs. These ones are Foiled Xilion Rose (2028/ss5.) Colour: 001 Crystal and 223 Light Rose. Set into wet nail polish and apply top coat. Voila!


I will be listing a bottle of this shade on OZtion for any Australian ladies interested in owning one! I will also be offering it for trade on MakeupAlley in the near future for anyone, anywhere! For ladies outside of Australia who would like to buy a bottle, please email me and I will happily list one on eBay for you. I will also be selling sample packs of Swarovski Crystals for anyone interested in replicating my nails! If you have tried these links and Fame Finder or the crystals are not available on any of these sites, please email me, and I will endeavour to source them for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment