Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms #11 Fire Opal

I found Fire Opal to be a very deceiving shade... It looks pretty monochromatic in the bottle, and even when I applied it to my nails, at first glance I thought it was not much more than a pretty salmon pink shade with an iridescent celadon shimmer. Don't get me wrong - that in itself is enough to make this a gorgeous polish, but I overlooked the duo-chrome finish Prisms are famous for... until I spotted the cerise pink on a different angle, that is! Like South Sea Pearl, this is not one of the most vibrant Prisms, but it is certainly worth adding to your collection!


I found this shade just as easy to apply as the previous shades reviewed, however I needed three coats, instead of the usual two coats, to achieve a satisfying finish. It is slightly sheer if you hold your hands up to the light, but not enough to classify it as a sheer. I'm impressed with the shade and the formula!


Photographs taken in artificial light. This image illustrates the dominant salmon pink aspect of the polish.


Photograph taken on an alternate angle to show the iridescent celadon within the polish


Photograph taken on an alternate angle to show the cerise pink within the polish - however my modest little camera didn't quite manage to capture the true oomph of the colour!

I will be listing all the prisms I have available on OZtion for any Australian ladies interested in owning one! I will also be offering them for trade on MakeupAlley and in Vibrant V's Petite Boutique in the near future for anyone, anywhere!

3 comments:

  1. A very interesting color. Funny when I see a post like this and I ask myself 'don't you have this in your stash?' Then I feel compelled to go dig in the mounds of polish. lol

    I can't get how utterly gorgeous this looks on you. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You're so sweet! :) I'm the same - when I see a post of a polish in my stash I reminisce and smile like a proud parent! lol crazy aren't we!? But I wouldn't have it any other way... would you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely fun to do up the nails ...nice and vibrant colours.Good to be happy and stay beautifying yourself.

    ReplyDelete